Qualifications And Requirements
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· High School diploma or equivalent, plus two years college degree in related field.
· Must have a strong understanding of basic mathematics, including percentages.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food processing quality assurance position.
· Must have a current HACCP certification, or ability to obtain certification. (Certifications are considered current if received in the last 5 years)
· SQF Practitioner certification preferred.
· Must be proficient working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Publisher.
· Must have previous experience preparing and implementing QA policies, procedures, and programs.
· This position does require working in a refrigerated environment (45-55 degrees) for long periods of time.
· Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required (lifting assistance is available).
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
1) Supervise and monitor daily QA activities and workload. Oversee all aspects of the QA program including: HACCP, sanitation, and other related prerequisite programs. Maintain compliance with GFSI standards.
2) Routinely review all QA documentation and HACCP, SSOP, and prerequisite program monitoring records to ensure accuracy and completion.
3) Assist QA technicians in performing QA monitoring, record keeping and reporting, and associated activities, in support of production of all UCS products. Ensure QA technicians are using current specifications for product being produced. Review all labels to ensure regulatory compliance and ingredient composition matches current product specifications.
4) Report any deficiencies to the QA Manager or QA Director in a timely manner.
5) Maintain compliance with all elements of UniSea’s QA programs. Ensure plant sanitation and employee practices (GMP’s) are in compliance with FDA guidelines. Conduct regular facility inspections, and participate in periodic food safety inspections and audits. Assist in correcting any noted deficiencies by preparing and submitting corrective action response.
6) Provide training for QA personnel or designated production personnel who have been assigned QA related duties.
7) Coordinate corrective action resolution of any identified quality, food safety, labeling, or other deficiencies within the Cold Storage operations.
8) Perform a variety of special projects as assigned by the QA Manager or QA Director.
9) Perform the duties of the QA technicians in their absence.
Current Job Openings