Qualifications And Requirements
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of position relevant college or vocational degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in production operations, preferably specific to fish meal.
· Demonstrated successful track record in trouble-shooting equipment maintenance issues.
· Supervisory experience is required, with good communication skills and the ability to interact in a positive manner with diversity of cultures.
· Must have a good track record of communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
· Organize production staff and manage activities of the Meal Plant processing operation and maintain operational performance of equipment in the Meal Plant and Main Sump. Coordinate production based on G1 and G2 operations.
· Work with engineering department in proposing and making design changes in processing facilities and equipment to maximize plant efficiency. Submit work orders to maintain proper repair of processing facility on repair or installation work that the Meal Plant does not perform.
· Counsel and train employees according to UniSea policies and procedures. Coach and motivate employees to achieve maximum performance and maintain high morale. Evaluate employee performance and take necessary steps to assist employees in improving performance. Administer discipline to employees as appropriate, including terminations.
· Recommend capital equipment needs, methods of improvement, and tools and materials to maintain and improve competitive production efficiency.
· Review and assure the accuracy of scale reports, production reports, shipping tallies, inventories and quality control reports.
· Coordinate with machinery manufacturers in updating current technology as appropriate.
· Assist safety personnel and promote good safety and hygiene procedures throughout the plant.
· Maintain open communication with the Quality Assurance department to assure products specification, micro and labeling requirements are maintained.
Current Job Openings